In this case, Maya crashed as soon as you loaded a certain scene.
What was the problem? Yeti couldn’t get a license, and then when MtoA loaded the Yeti procedural, that was it: crash.
We found the problem by checking the Maya log that we got with the -log command-line flag:
maya.exe -log %TEMP%\maya.log
The solution was to set RLM_LICENSE so Yeti could get its license (or unset MTOA_EXTENSIONS_PATH so that the Yeti extension wasn’t loaded, or move the Yeti module file so Maya wouldn’t find it).
This is what we saw in the log:
[Wed Nov 05 18:08:13 2014] Yeti 1.3.14: Yeti v1.3.14, built on Oct 10 2014 at 20:52:13 [Wed Nov 05 18:08:13 2014] Yeti 1.3.14: (c) 2010-Present Peregrine Labs a division of Peregrine Visual Storytelling Ltd. All rights reserved. [Wed Nov 05 18:08:13 2014] Yeti 1.3.14: ERROR pgLicenseCheck - License system could not get a valid server handle, error: Can't read license data (-102) No such process (errno: 3) 00:00:00 WARNING | [mtoa] Extension pgYetiArnoldMtoa(C:/solidangle/yeti/Yeti-v1.3.14_Maya2014-windows64/plug-ins/pgYetiArnoldMtoa.dll) requires Maya plugin pgYetiMaya, registering will be deferred until plugin is loaded. the data object was unable to read its value : (0) no error the data object was unable to read its value : (0) no error **** * Arnold 184.108.40.206 windows icc-14.0.2 oiio-1.4.14 rlm-11.1.2 2014/11/03 15:27:54 * CRASHED in QResource::locale * signal caught: error C0000005 -- access violation * * backtrace: * 0 0x000000002c8b7a20 [ai ] AiArray * 1 0x000000002c8b9f80 [ai ] AiArray * 2 0x000000007722b940 [kernel32 ] UnhandledExceptionFilter * 3 0x0000000077343398 [ntdll ] MD5Final * 4 0x00000000772c85c8 [ntdll ] _C_specific_handler * 5 0x00000000772d9d2d [ntdll ] RtlDecodePointer * 6 0x00000000772c91cf [ntdll ] RtlUnwindEx * 7 0x0000000077301248 [ntdll ] KiUserExceptionDispatcher >> 8 0x0000000067840147 [QtCore4 ] QResource::locale ... ...and so on and so on...